Update: The events are still as planned
Updated: 9 March, 3:26 pm
As of today the RunCzech events are still as planned as there is no news from the local authorities announced. We keep monitoring the situation closely. We kindly ask all runners to check their health before entering the race. All runners and spectators, please help us minimize the risk by following the minimum hygienic recommendations. More information can be found below in the official announcement. Next news will be provided latest on Monday, 16 March at 4 pm.
The events are still as planned. We know that you have been training for a long time and are excited about the event. We are working hard to prepare a safe event for you while we keep monitoring the situation closely. The safety and health of participants, volunteers and the public are important for us. We are ready to act on any future advice by the government of the Czech Republic, World Health Organisation (WHO) and other public bodies.
Based on known facts, we have decided to implement preventive actions aiming to minimize the risk for the participants, even WHO stated that the overall risk is currently low:
- Special stations with surgical disinfectant in the technical area, start/finish area, refreshment points and Running Expo
- Volunteers will be wearing disposable gloves where appropriate, especially at refreshment points
- Water sprinklers will replace sponges and sponge baths on the refreshment points
- Range of products on the refreshment points will be updated: Mattoni water, Gatorade, bananas, packaged sugar, to avoid contact - no oranges, packaged sugar and saline solution in cups
- Limited gatherings in closed spaces, e.g. changing rooms
Everyone can help to decrease the danger by following basic preventive measures
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Advice for travellers can be found on the WHO website.
We will keep you informed through our official channels. Next information will be published on Monday 10 March at 4pm on our website and official Facebook page.