Inspired by the legacy of running legend Emil Zatopek, we launched a project called RunCzech Racing. Supported by adidas, and managed by Ikaika Sports, it aims to develop a new generation of world class athletes.
More than 20 young elite athletes of different nationalities - from Kenya, Ethiopia, Czech Republic and other countries - meet and train together in Prague. These young and talented athletes take off to Prague to run the most prestigious races on the planet and promote not only the Czech Republic but also cooperation and understanding between nations, and to inspire both, adults and children, to live well and active and healthy lives.
One of the goals of RunCzech Racing team is to build and tighten connections between elite runners and amateur runners. To make these worlds mix not only during races, but also in everyday life and training. To do so, we conduct school visits and organize workshops. Hobby runners can meet-up with elite athletes in the Running Mall or during running interactions in Prague's parks.
Come to the Running Mall - our running center in Prague and meet world-class athletes of the RunCzech Racing team. You can jog with them, discuss your results and running experiences and learn more about their lifestyles and training methods.
- To promote RunCzech Racing as one of the strongest teams in the world
- To promote RunCzech and the Czech Republic as a Home of Champions
- To bring nationalities closer and improve connections between different nations (through common activities with amateur runners and non-athletes)
- To build and tighten connections between elite runners and amateur runners, particularly members of PIM running club
- To motivate Czech children and juniors to run (using the example of Emil Zátopek and RCR project) with a long term goal being adding of one of the strong Czech athletes into RCR team
BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENTS 2016
- 1 World Lead time
- 2 World Junior Lead times
- 8th fastest time of the 2016 over 10k (Joyciline Jepkosgei)
- 7 Top 30 performances of the year 2016
- 3 event records
- 4 victories in world leading events - 3 IAAF Gold Label Road Races, 1 Silver Label Road Race
- 13 second place positions in track and road races
- 8 third place positions in track and road races
- 13 fourth and fifth positions in track and road races
- 25 personal bests (including improving PB times during the season)