Become a Good Cause runner
Become a good cause runner
Running any of the RunCzech races? Become a good cause runner. Join millions of other runners around the world who run to bring joy not only to themselves but also to others by raising money to help out those in need. So-called individual fundraising is an ideal, yet also simple way to do something fun but also useful.
Give yourselves an unforgettable race experience and become a hero. Here’s how:
- Go to our website and select one of our collaborating not-for-profit organisations and get in touch with them to let them know you’d like to raise money by running.
- The non-profit will introduce you to their projects and help you with your collection. You also need to agree on an amount you plan to raise.
- Working with your non-profit, it’s then really easy to create your own fundraising page where you describe your story and reason for getting involved. It will also be clear who you are running for, what the final amount is and how much you’ve raised so far.
- Appeal to your friends, family members and work colleagues, show them your site as well as campaign, and ask them to help you meet your challenge by contributing a financial sum.
- Along with your non-profit, we at RunCzech will provide you with the greatest amount of promotion possible.
- The optimum length of your campaign should be around one month. So don’t wait around, and get touch with your preferred non-profit as soon as possible. If you’re looking at fundraising for the Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon, for instance, in order to get the most out of your fundraising, you’ll need to launch your campaign at the start of March, already. The last two weeks in February are the best time to put together preparations.
Tips to promote your project:
- One idea is to get your friends to designate a sum for each 100 metres of your race.
- Either make or purchase some small gifts and sell them to your friends as a token gesture for the amount they’ve contributed.
- Hold a party and place a collection box by the door with a note saying “I’m running for a good cause”.
- Bake something yummy for your work colleagues and ask them to contribute to your project that way.
- Take advantage of all the social networks you use.
- Don’t forget your friends and acquaintances abroad. They can contribute too.