World class running races are in the Czech Republic
Races of the RunCzech Running League are among the top world class races. The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) awarded them with its quality labels. It is a great honor for the organizers, but also enormous prestige for the Czech Republic.
Getting the gold label, the Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon, the Volkswagen Prague Marathon, the Birell Grand Prix,the Mattoni Karlovy Vary Half Marathon, the Mattoni České Budějovice Half Marathon, the Mattoni Olomouc Half Marathon and the Mattoni Ústí nad Labem Half Marathon are ranked alongside the world's most prestigious athletic events such as marathons in Tokyo, Chicago and London.
What is IAAF?
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. It was founded in 1912 by representatives from 17 national athletics federations. The IAAF currently associates 212 national federations including the Czech Athletic Federation.
The IAAF system of quality labels
IAAF Labels ensure the international quality of the race. Every year the IAAF evaluates events and allocates labels on the basis of fulfilled criteria. The Association monitors the quality of individual races and ensures for runners and partners a high standard of racing events. Races are divided into three categories according to the label: gold, silver and bronze.
RunCzech running league with 7 gold labels belongs to the world running superpowers.
Requirements to obtain IAAF GoldRoad Race Label
- Elite athletes from a minimum of five different countries with a personal marathon record: men under 2:10:30 and women under 2:28:00 (performances achieved in the last 36 months).
- Certificated track closed to vehicular traffic, with the exclusion of official vehicles and the Clock Car.
- Care: along the entire track and also at the finish area there must be health care as well as refreshment points available.
- Time is measured in seconds and includes split times.
- Big screens and a commentator system at the venue; media must be provided with TV monitors and Internet connection to enable them to follow the race in a dedicated and restricted media area.
- Gold Label Races must be able to document full coverage of the race in at least 5 different countries.
- Results: individual delivery of the printed results to the media of the top twenty finishers (men and women), to provide the start list and live results on the dedicated web page in the national language and English.