Binding race rules
Rules for RunCzech Running League 2015 races
- Races on the half marathon (21,0975 km) and marathon (42,195 km) course are open to all able-bodied runners over the age of 18 years. Races on shorter courses (5 km and 10 km) are open to able-bodied runners over 15 years, understood as the runner’s age on race day.
- The bottom age limit for races (understood as the age of the runner on race day) is set as follows:
- Half marathon length (21,0975 km) and marathon length (42,195 km) races are open to runners over the age of 18 years
- The Sportisimo Company Half Marathon – relays and the Volkswagen Company Marathon - relays, relays as part of the health service and university runs are open to all runners over the age of 18 years.
- Races held as part of the Birell Prague Grand Prix and other relay races (4-member relays and 2-member 2Run’s) are open to runners over the age of 15 years.
- Family runs (non-competitive) are open to all runners. Runners up to 15 years of age may only take part when accompanied by a participant over the age of 18 years. For the purposes of these rules, family runs are also referred to as “race”.
- Participants under 18 years who are able to take part in selected races (see above) must bring along written consent from their legal guardian when collecting their start pack.
- Each participant is aware of the risks associated to damage incurred or physical harm sustained when taking part in the race.
- Each participant declares to be taking part in the race of his/her own free will.
- Each participant takes part in the race at his/her own risk and danger, and assumes full responsibility for the level of his/her physical condition and ability to take part.
- Each participant is obligated to be covered by health insurance for the duration of the race in the event that emergency service treatment or hospitalisation is required.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme, plan, to these rules and conditions without prior notice.
- The adidas Women’s race 5 km is only open to women.
- Only duly registered runners and participants are authorised to take part in races.
- The participant must wear their start number in the prescribed manner, i.e. worn flat and attached to the chest. Otherwise s/he may be immediately excluded from participating and disqualified.
- The participant is obligated to respect the rules of the Organiser throughout the duration of the race.
- The race regulations at the given location have been taken from decrees and provisions compiled by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) and the Czech Athletic Federation (ČAS).
- Participants assume personal responsibility to make decisions about their physical readiness and capacity to run the race distance in question.
- The race takes place regardless the weather conditions. Only in the event of extreme conditions (heat waves, freezing cold, storms, etc) is the Organiser authorised to postpone the race start time or cancel the race depending on the situation. In this case, start fees are not returned to participants.
- The Organiser doesn’t assume any responsibility for personal injury, damage to property or any other harm incurred from participating in the race or watching it.
- All image and sound recordings and portrayals of participants obtained during the race may be used for promotional purposes on behalf of the Organiser or his partners without any claim to remuneration on behalf of the participants.
- None of the decisions taken by the Organiser are subject to judicial review.
The organiser of the Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon, the Volkswagen Marathon Weekend and the Birell Prague Grand Prix is Prague International Marathon, spol. s.r.o., with offices on Františka Křížka 11, Praha 7, recorded in the commercial register, kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, section C, insert 36777, Company Reg. No: 63673738, VAT No: CZ63673738.
The Organiser of races held as part of the Mattoni Karlovy Vary Half Marathon, Mattoni České Budějovice Half Marathon, Mattoni Olomouc Half Marathon and the Mattoni Ústí nad Labem Half Marathon is Tempo Team Prague s. r. o., based on Františka Křížka 11, Praha 7, recorded in the commercial register, kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, section C, insert 50213, Company Reg. No.: 25107615, VAT No.: CZ25107615.
- The Organiser has the right to suspend or close registrations without prior warning.
- It is only possible to register using the on-line registration form on the website of the Organiser and/ or other areas determined by the Organiser.
- Registration is considered as valid only once payment has been made, to the amount applicable on the date of payment, credited in full to the account of the organiser, either paid in cash or by card.
- Payment is understood as crediting the full amount to the account of the Organiser, and confirmed cash or card payment.
- The registration fee confirmed by the participant in the order is final, non-refundable and may not be transferred to another person or race. Discounts may not be claimed retrospectively once the order has been confirmed by the participant.
- Race registration (order) not paid within 10 calendar days upon being created will be automatically cancelled. A race registration created fewer than 12 days prior to the race must be paid no later than 6 days prior to the race.
- Any items and corresponding prices purchased from the additional selection are non-refundable and non-transferrable (even for health reasons).
- It is not possible to make subsequent changes to t-shirt sizes ordered.
- TheOrganiser reserves the right to limit the sale of additional goods and services (such as t-shirts, medal engravings, massages at the Expo, pasta party).
Race and start pack
- Start packs and previously purchased t-shirts may only be collected at the race Expo based on presenting a form of identification (identity card, driver’s licence, passport or any other document issued by an official authority), containing the same details as those entered onto the application form. Alternatively you may entrust this task to someone with power of attorney to collect your start pack for you, whereby the granter of power of attorney is indicated with a start number and whereby the person entrusted with power of attorney presents some form of personal identification of him/herself. Participants taking part in the family run may collect the start pack for both themselves as well as other family members taking part based on bringing along the printed order and presenting from of identity.
- Start packs may not be sent by post either at an earlier or later date, nor is any other form of delivery acceptable.
- Any start packs not collected at the Expo may not be collected or claimed at a later date.
- Race participants must also present a copy of the e-mail sent featuring their start number.
- Each race participant is obligated to adhere to instructions given by the organisers, volunteers and officials, including when summoned to leave the race course and not continue the race.
- Breach of one or more of the rules indicated (especially in terms of handling the number/chip) or IAAF /ČAS rules, may lead to disqualification from the race and being crossed off the result rankings without any compensation.
- Each participant is obligated to read and respect the important information and rules which the organiser publishes prior to the race on its website www.runczech.com.
- The use of skates, bicycles or other transporting devices or hiking poles is strictly prohibited as is any other means employed to shorten the race course.
- Runners may not allow their accompanying party access to the race course including start and finish areas, home straight and finish line without a start number (i.e. due participant registration to a given race). Otherwise they will be disqualified.
- Each participant is authorised to write his/her contact details on the back of his/her start number including any medication taken, identified allergies or other important medical issues, should treatment be required.
- Prize winnings are set separately for each race and published as appropriate on the organiser’s website. Prize winnings are paid out following doping checks. Category winners will be contacted via e-mail by the organiser. The prizes are not legally reclaimable.
- The Organiser does not provide insurance cover (health, injury, liability etc). Should any kind of insurance be required, the participant must arrange this independently, especially health insurance should treatment/hospitalisation be required. Any ensuing costs will be charged to the participant.
- In conjunction with ČSOB Pojišťovna, the Organiser has provided the following insurance options at favourable rates offered to participants when signing up for a race via the electronic application form:
- Injury insurance
- Cancellation insurance from race participation
Race time limits
- Time limits and pace for these limits vary according to the individual races:
- marathon (42,195 km): 7:00 hrs, page 9:45 min / km
- half marathon (21,0975 km): 3:00 hrs, pace 7:55 min / km
- 10 km: 1:30 hrs, pace 8:25 min / km
- 5 km: 45 mins, pace 8:20 min / km
- family run: 45 mins, pace 11:00 min / km
- Runners moving at a slower pace than the average pace indicated for each race may be expelled from the race by the Organiser or any other person entrusted to do so, and on returning their start number, may only continue outside of the race course on adjacent road areas (pavement, pedestrian path, etc) and must move in accordance with legislation for traffic on over-ground roads.
The rules indicated below do not apply to family run participants where there is no timing and ranking.
Timer and results
- The start number must be visibly positioned on the participant’s chest throughout the duration of the race. It may not be folded or covered. Participants are strictly prohibited from tampering with the start number/ chip throughout the duration of the race.
- Officials from the Czech Athletic Federation are present to supervise races.
- The start number (and chip) is non-transferrable. Violation leads to disqualification.
- Individuals race running the whole course (including participants of team races) –classification takes place separately for men and women, whereby the age categories for veteran categories are announced for each race separately as part of bonuses.
- The official time is the time recorded from the moment the gunshot is sounded. The real time is the time from running across the start and across the finish line.
- Split times and the real time are purely for your own information. The order is determined according to the order at the finish line i.e. according to the official time.
- Participants have the chance to challenge the accuracy of their result within 5 calendar days of race completion sent to the e-mail address of the organiser firstname.lastname@example.org. Following this time, they are recorded as official times.
- Each participant is obligated to return his/her chip. The chip can be returned at the finish area, handover points, the address of the Organiser or provider of the timer as soon as possible (within 10 days following the race), otherwise s/he assumes responsibility to pay damage on behalf of the Organiser to the corresponding value of the chip and costs associated with its recovery. The chip is the property of the company which provides the timers and is only temporarily loaned to the participant. Failure to return the chip may lead to a charge of the chip’s purchasing value ((500 CZK / 20 €)
- Or a summons on behalf of the Organiser to cover the price (500 CZK) by bank transfer (to account no.5381650009/4000, including the respective variable symbol sent to you and indicating your start number in the remarks field) or in cash at our office. Failure to return a chip may lead to blocking of the Runners ID and publishing of the debtor’s name.
Team races (teams and relays)
- Teams and relays – at least one member has to be a member of an organisation for which s/he is running, teams may be male only, female only and mixed.
- All participants of the team run complete the whole course.
- The order of relay members listed on the registration corresponds to the order at race handover points.
- The order and relay members may be changed on the on-line registration system, no later than by the Tuesday prior to the race.
- Relay members may not swap start numbers among themselves.
- You need to adhere to the order of individual handover points as indicated on the application form.
- Violation of any of the rules indicated above leads to disqualification of the whole relay!
- Teams – team ranking is achieved by calculating the official times of all members.
- No runners listed in the elite runner category or other special categories, (such as the Czech National Champions) may take part in team races.
- Relays - relay classification is determined by the order at the finish line, i.e. the official time.
- Registration into special categories is only given to those who fulfil the conditions for the given category. In the event of a detected unauthorised registration, this registration will be cancelled without compensation and may also lead to disqualification from the race.
Rescue and Security Service category
- This run takes place as part of the Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon in a separate results. Runners may take part only as individuals.
- Participants may only be employees at state rescue and security service establishments.
- This run takes place as part of the Sportisimo Prague Half Marathon and the Volkswagen Prague Marathon in a separate results category. Runners pay take part either as individuals or a relay teams.
- Team members of the Healthcare Run may only comprise individuals working for healthcare facilities (doctors, dentists, pharmacists – in chambers, nurses, laboratory technicians, physiotherapists and other qualifications listed on the NCO NZO register, medics etc.)
- This run takes place as part of the Volkswagen Prague Marathon in a separate results category. Only available as a relay.
- Team members of the University marathon must be students at Czech and foreign universities aged between 18 and 26 years, who send us a copy of confirmation of studies or who are ISIC card holders.
- Send the confirmation of study document along with the order number you are given following registration to: email@example.com.
Czech National Marathon Championships
- The participation conditions are indicated on a special page relating to the Czech National Marathon Championships, including qualification limits and the application procedure.